Tuesday, April 19, 2011

P is for Proud Mama

I am one proud mama. My son's school did their fundraiser over the weekend and it was amazing. We did not have to pass around a catalog of junk and pressure coworkers to buy stuff. This year they held a song and dance performance. Not only did we raise money for the school, the children got to put on performances from African American Folk Songs, to Can't Touch This by MC Hammer. I loved it! I loved it so much that I turned into one of those crazy proud mamas.

I admit it. I screamed out for my son after one of his dances while he was leaving the stage. I never thought I would be one of those moms. Apparently, I am. I could not help but let out a loud woohoo followed by my son's name. Maybe I embarrassed him, but more than anything I was proud of him.

Are you a proud mama? What are some things you have done to show your kids how proud you are? :)

8 comments:

  1. Proud mama here x4! I've probably done many embarrassing things to show my kids how proud I was. They never seem to mind. Maybe they're not old enough to care yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any kids, but I am the proud mama to several kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have three grown kids and five grandkids and I'm here to tell you that you never outgrow that feeling. Every time one of mine hurts, I hurt, and every time they succeed, I still want to hoot. :O)

    My A-Z Blogging “P” post is right here: http://www.word-nerd-speaks.com/2011/04/pierre-pradervand-gentle-art-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though kids blush and get embarrassed, I think they do remember when their parent's hollar for them and root for them. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was very young when I first became a mom, and I felt guilty for leaving my oldest daughter when she was so young, so I brought an 8x10 photo of her to work to put on my desk. It never occurred to me that it might have been a little too large. Please find my A-Z Challenge here: http://myheartblogstoyou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that sounds like a great fundraiser. I don't have kids, but I get so tired of all the little catalogs and things my coworkers bring for this school and that club. It gets so tiresome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing like being a proud mom! My daughter represnted her school at the district speak outs, the second she opened her mouth I started to cry! Next week she competes in a singing competition and she has already warned me not to cry.

    http://baygirl32.blogspot.com
    Happy Q day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It doesn't take much to show how proud you are of your child. Anything as simple as hanging their artwork on the refrigerator to rewarding them with a trip to the dollar store for a job well done.
    My children are 16,15, and 12 and still thrive from receiving a hug when they've done an act of kindness.
    Found your blog via the A-Z challenge. Following You! Come on over and say "hi".
    Blue Velvet Vincent

    ReplyDelete